Fighting Stress Webquest

Fighting Stress-Relaxation Video

Fighting Stress-Movement Video

Monday, November 24, 2008

Week 1

For the first couple of days in field I had the chance to observe my cooperating teacher and get a feel for how things were run in her classroom. I got a chance to learn the personalities of the students while watching them interact in their classroom environment. My cooperating teacher had me run around make copies of worksheets that she needed as well as help her grade assignments. The end of the trimester was during this week and so she needed a lot of help making sure everything was caught up. On Monday and Tuesday she discussed the election with the kids and surprisingly I learned a ton. On Thursday she had me help her with her small reading groups, I worked with two of the student who struggled in reading. It was my job to help them practice their reading comprehension strategies as well as provide them with corrective feedback on their oral reading skills. All in all this week wasn't to eventful but provided me with a lot of opportunity to get to know the students and my cooperating teacher better.

No comments: