Fighting Stress Webquest

Fighting Stress-Relaxation Video

Fighting Stress-Movement Video

Monday, November 24, 2008

Week 2

This week was very eventful. On Monday I had my first observation by my supervisor. She was not able to come during Social Studies so I planned and taught a reading lesson. I had the students practice their new reading comprehension strategy of asking questions. We read the first two pages of the story Abulea's Feast together as a class. I then modeled the strategy for the students and they were required to partner read the rest of the story as well and finish their worksheet. This lesson went very well and my supervisor gave me great feedback. This week we also started our art project, we made cornucopias out of construction paper and the students then tore the shapes for their fruits and vegetables out of construction paper. This was a fun project but I was surprised at how much complaining I had from the students. I taught this lesson each day to four different 5th grade classes. One each day of the week. It was really fun, but was a ton work work to get ready for. All in the the kids seem to be enjoying themselves. We will not be able to finish the project this week we will work on it again for next week. On Friday we finished up their unit in Social Studies so my teacher had be prepare a review game. I decided to play jeopardy which turned out to be really fun and the kids did better on their review quiz. It was something the students had never played before and so it was exciting for them. All in all an eventful week with lots of stuff going on everyday! The kids are great though and I am really enjoying field!

No comments: