Fighting Stress Webquest

Fighting Stress-Relaxation Video

Fighting Stress-Movement Video

Monday, November 24, 2008

Week 3

I can't believe the third week of field is already over. This week was again another eventful week. This week each day I taught social studies lessons as well as finished up the art lesson from the previous week. In Social Studies the first lesson we did a little role play activity which the students seemed to really enjoy they actually asked if they could do it again. At first going into the lesson I didn't feel as prepared as I wanted and somethings could have gone better but for the most part I think the lesson was well received by the children. The next day we did a colonial settlement model which turned out great but took a lot more time then I had anticipated. This gave the students a way to see how the colonists decided where to build towns by doing a hands on activity. All in all it was great. During this week I helped a lot in their small reading groups, we would read together as a group and I was asked to give them a little assignment to do on their own after we had read a chapter or so together. This was great because it gave me the opportunity to work with all the students on different reading levels. I have learned a ton from my cooperating teacher she was awesome, she gave me feedback on everything and it was so helpful. The kids I taught were great, I was extremely nervous to teach 5th grade but after this I really think I could and love it! I am sad to go but I am actually coming back on Tuesday to help with their colonial fair.

No comments: